I have been busy lately crocheting squares.
These are eventually going to become a blanket. I decided to make it after seeing this Gypsy Caravan Blanket taking shape. I realised that it’s been a long time since I made anything really colourful and I felt like making something really bright.
I hunted for a pattern to use and found this sunburst flower granny square. I don’t speak German, but the handy translation option that comes with Google Chrome got put to good use, and between that and the excellent step by step pictures, I worked it out. I made one slight change (doing row 2 in between the dtrs of row 1 rather than into the top of them) because I prefer the look. If you look back a couple of posts you can see the difference in my first two test squares.
I have completed 114 squares so far, so 206 to go. Oh, plus 2560 ends to sew in.