Happy New Year! First, a glimpse backwards.
Additions to my collection in 2011:There might be more – this was a grab what I can see on the bookshelf moment. I am not the worst offender in my family in the acquisition of books stakes. This is possibly more due to my trying to be frugal this year, rather than any lack of desire to purchase. Yes, this was a frugal year. I could easily have bought twice that many, and some were free, some birthday gifts, most very cheap, and none RRP. My total spend was about £72, which you have to agree, is quite good for that little pile.
If I were to design my own house, a library would be a vital component. As it is, I ask Mr PC for bookshelves in the same way that Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire used to ask her husband for money to pay her gambling debts: Too little, too late, and it would take another mortgage to sort out the problem completely.
On, now, to looking forward. I have decided to set myself some monthly challenges. This will give a bit more variety and interest than the usual eat better, exercise more resolutions that are so common. I might even do some of them!
My challenges for January:
- Finish a subject of my accounting qualification (one of six subjects I need to get my level 4 qualification).
- Complete another pair of socks.
- Write 5000 words of my novel.
- Get the house back to a clean and tidy enough for a viewing state (actually, this one is suddenly urgent; we have a viewing next weekend).
- Clear out one box from the attic.
I’ll report back to let you know how I’ve done.