So, we’re halfway through the month. You must be desperate to hear how I’m doing with my January challenges. Time for an update!
1. Complete an accounting workbook (in this case Budgeting) – 55% complete.
2. Knit a pair of socks – 66% complete.
3. Get the house clean enough for a viewing – 95% complete. We did have three viewings last weekend, and I showed the house without embarrassment, but I was aware of windows that needed cleaning, the fact I hadn’t moved the sofas to vacuum, and the odd stray cobweb, so I’m only giving myself 95% and will rectify the failings soon!
4. Write 5000 words of my novel – 10% complete. The problem is that this competes for time with the accountancy, and the accountancy has a higher probability of bringing in a financial return. 9.30am to 3pm Thursdays and Fridays is my child free unfilled time, which then gets filled to overflowing.
5. Clear out one box from the attic. – -400% complete. Yes, that’s a minus. Oh dear.
Actually, having these targets has been very useful. They give me a great focus, and the incentive to get on with them. I’m looking forward to ticking them off! (I might just get the loft clearing to -300%)